Monday, November 10

MOded.

7:30 am
+

=

Here's another one of my infamous substitute experiences.
I got to my job site (a local high school) and got the key and attendance folder from the secretary. She warned me that the room I would be in is very SMALL. When I got there, I immediately think she forgot to mention CLAUSTROPHOBIC and STUFFY because there were absolutely NO WINDOWS. Oh and it looked like a storage room (as you can see from the picture above). When the last bell rang I had NO STUDENTS in class. On a day like this I actually wanted students to monitor! So I waited and waited and waited. When 15 minutes of nothing got to me I busted out my camera and documented my torturous experience. Then about 15 minutes til the next class began a security guy opened the door and said something like, "You're in the wrong class. The students are waiting for you in another class." I guess I should have known because there was NO LESSON PLAN to be seen anywhere and I was in an empty room. I felt like a DORK. AGAIN. Even though it wasn't my fault.

4 comments:

Ui said...

buahahahahaha....WINNER!!! u get the award for BEST substitute ever! but uhhhh did the students call the security guard looking for the teacher? if they did....why would they do that? WHO does that?! hahahaha

Johnson Family said...

Poor Karen...lol!!! At least you weren't in that room the entire day! You know what they say, "Better late than never!!" hahaha

Jess said...

hahahaha! very funny!

liko said...

oh my gosh, karen!!! that sounds like something that would happen to me! haha, glad you made the best of the whole situation. love the pics.